Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let's talk about something that has nothing to do with girth.


I like blogging. I really do. But sometimes I don't have anything to talk about that is weight related. And those of you who know me in "real life" know that I NEVER... EVER... have "nothing" to talk about. So if I open this blog up to discussing things that are not ALWAYS weight related, is that allright? (that's right. I didn't put a space between the words "all" and "right" because I feel this should be a compound word and since this is my blog, I make it so.)

So today I would like to talk about my new favorite household thing... Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day products.  I found out about these products when I was reading Lyn's blog and she was RAVING about the Geranium scented cleaner she had just bought from Mrs. Meyer's and how wonderful it made her house smell. Well, let me tell you, I am a advertiser's dream because it doesn't take much to get me to clicking away on the Internet and whipping out my Visa card if someone says something smells good. I'm a sucker for 1) good scents and 2) quality stationary. I think it's because either of these things will always fit, even on a bloated day. And I also HAD to know what a geranium cleaning product smelled like... right? So I ordered a case of the concentrated all-purpose Geranium cleaner and my house smells SO good. You know, when you walk into a home and the scent makes you instantly think "how does someone make their home smell so classy??" THAT'S MY HOUSE WITH THIS STUFF! I HIGHLY recommend the Geranium scent. 

Well, that wasn't enough for me. I had to investigate and buy more products. I was going to buy some from the website and then I entered my zip to find out there are TWO retail stores that carry this stuff right here in town. I went to Fred Meyers and bought the Lavender scented countertop spray~ DIVINE. And then I went to Greenway's EcoMart and bought the BASIL countertop spray... BASIL??? Are you even kidding me??? HAD to try that one and it's so FRESH and KITCHEN-Y. I'm loving the refreshing scents and... I guess I should discuss whether or not they clean... UNBELIEVABLY. In our new kitchen we have a huge white porcelain farm sink. Did I mention WHITE? I just spray some of the Mrs. Meyers products into the sink and rinse it out and it's CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. The concentrate is perfect for cleaning the floors... I have even bought the Geranium fabric softener sheets~ I wanna smell like geraniums 24/7. Seriously. 

I am a firm believer in rewarding yourself for losing weight and most of us are used to celebrating with a nice dinner. May I suggest splurging on something you would not typically buy, that may cost a hair more then you are used to spending, that will result in making you feel like a domestic Goddess? Just a thought~  

4 comments:

carla said...

ok
let me comment about something which has ZERO TO DO WITH GIRTH :)

Basil?
REALLY?
you liked it?!

huh.
I may need to try...

MizFit

The Duckworth Family said...

So, what is the floor cleaner like? Are you talking like hard floor cleaner? I used to have some poweder scented stuff you spray on the carpet before you vacuum...I loved it! I don't know when I stopped or why, but yes....I wish my house always smelled so heavenly. Especially right after cooking a meal and somebody comes over and just assumes that your house always smells that way...yuck! I just might have to try the stuff. Good to see you blogging again. I fell off the wagon this week and I'm afraid I gained 5 pounds! I guess only the DR can tell me right now! Hopefully not, probably yes, confession time...probably. I'll let ya know!~

R3 Method Show said...

I have the shower cleaner. I will try a few of the other products and scents to test it. Thanks!

Fran said...

Hai Amy,

Found you from another blog and like to read your blog!

Have the same problem: too much weight and opened my own blog as a diary. Maybe when you have time, you'll visit me sometimes?

Greetings, Fran