Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good hair, infected eyes, and weight GAIN... original post 12/02/08

This is a hard post to write... I've started typing, deleted, & started over a few times so far. The last week has been kind of hard. My entire little family has been quite sick~ Eric even took a day off from work! Once Corbin & Lauren started feeling better, Eric & I went FULL THROTTLE with our colds & they have been rough. I have had eye infections in both eyes for days- I look like I'm stoned. Poor Eric has had ear infections that are driving him CRAZY. Today was my weigh-in day & I knew it was not going to be good news. SO... today... for the first time since I started my weight loss plan, I have officially gained weight. I gained 1.6 pounds since last week's weigh in, bringing my current weight to 201.

Luckily, I had my hair done today. I am pretty certain most people who saw me on the street were too preoccupied admiring my hair to notice the size of my rump.

So here's the deal... I am not going to get down about this. I knew it was going to happen- no one was force feeding me over the last week! YES it was a rough week but it's OVER & BEHIND me, now. Time to look forward. I am so glad I went to my meeting today- I picked up a good tip: always mix up your exercise routine. I think I've heard this before however I am now going to put this theory into motion. Tomorrow I am NOT going to get on the elliptical~ I'm going to be on the treadmill. Maybe I'll even use the incline! (gasp) I'm gonna SWEAT tomorrow! And don't forget... I'll be working with Nikki (see previous post & pic of the only person you will ever see on THIS blog wearing a bikini) starting next week & that's going to bring on a world of change.

This is a long battle & I've only been at it for 4 months.

I may have fallen behind for a second but listen up- I'm here to win the war.

~ Amy

No comments: