Sunday, July 4, 2010

Days 26-27: Yup. I'm cheating on my days, here. Cut a mama some slack...

I'm a bad, bad girl. I missed a day of blogging, yesterday. DID ANYBODY NOTICE??? I did... I meant to come see you. I didn't mean to abandon you or make you feel... less than important. But people- it's SUMMER. And the kids are DEMANDING. And please don't forget that I now have a 110 year old dog that has to be force fed, watered, and reminded to not stand & stare at the walls. (NOT that I'm unhappy that she's here... I just hope she, uh, wakes up?) So far, I'm feeling pretty good about summer. Keeping two kids entertained and happy (AND NOT FIGHTING) is a challenge, all in itself. Lately, we've been doing things like:

Friday we went to the park and had a picnic with some friends.  
(that's my girlie there, on the right)

The girls were on top of the equipment, where they shouldn't have been, but we're rule breakers. And they were enjoying the ride. I'll admit I was a little envious. 

After a day at the park, we headed out to the golf course. I love a man in boots. Especially boots that 1) he considers his "Pirate Boots" and 2) match his golf bag that clearly says "Loco Kid". Could that be more appropriate? 
And my husband must love me because, while he took the kids on the course, I was able to sit up on the patio and watch them play their game catch up on some important literature.

Saturday's project was cleaning up my beautiful patio. How is it that over the winter/spring, my patio begins to look like the inside of a horribly neglected closet? I moved paint buckets, bikes, tools, bikes, scooters, tarps, bikes, (bikes are like Tribbles around here) and then I swept and swept and SWEPT the patio. It will continue to look picture perfect for about 13.5 hours before the bikes/toys/sidewalk chalk comes creeping out again. And speaking of bikes, Eric & I picked our bikes up from the shop today & are going to start taking family bike rides this week- I can't wait!! 

Tomorrow is the Fourth which means we'll be going to church, getting together with friends, and lighting things on fire. Not a tremendous amount of activity... There could be a give-away coming... 

And here's our final picture for today. While I was working on the house, I walked past our playroom and saw these three on the couch together. This has been a difficult week. Am I the only person who NEEDS SOME SORT OF ROUTINE to be successful with weight loss? I have adjusted so well into the "summer vacation" mode but then Sissy's situation kind of threw things into a tail spin this week. Overall, I kept my focus and still maintained my gym routine. But I'll be the first to tell you that my sights are set on Monday, July 5th. We're starting with a new week & putting this one to bed. Sissy continues to improve although she's kind of like a "zombie dog" for now. I'm just glad she's around. And the kids are pretty thrilled, too.

See you tomorrow. Promise~ 

2 comments:

Kristin S said...

Amy, your patio is absolutely beautiful!!! Glad to hear your family is enjoying the summer...you're right, keeping the kiddos entertained and not killing each other is a full time job!!!

The Duckworth Family said...

Just met one of your readers at a birthday party tonight. How fun. Internetting it on my phone and i,m hatin it so gunna go. Bye!